Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful

On the Tuesday before our break,  I asked you to write down 5 things you were thankful for and why. You had the chance to share a few, but what were your others? Below I've listed a few of mine, what are yours??

  • My family. My parents have always been supportive and always tried to challenge me. They have helped me grow into the person I am today. My brother and sister are very entertaining and fascinating people. I am truly thankful to have them in my life.
  • Teaching. Teaching allows me to help others grow, it allows me share my interests, and help develop interests in children. I am truly grateful to be a teacher (especially thankful to be at this school, with these amazing teachers, and with these fabulous children). 
  • My health. I have a working body. I'm petrified of needles and hospitals, and I am VERY thankful that I have never known any true sickness. My body works just fine, although I may not be in the best shape ever, I can run and I can swim. I am thankful for this!
  • Books. I love to read. LOVE. I love to be pulled into a story and I am thankful that there are so many talented writers who are always trying to create new and exciting stories. 
  • Having enough. This may sound silly, but their are many people that do not have enough to get by. I am truly thankful that I have never know the pain of being without a home, or without food. I may not have enough for elaborate vacations or all the shoes I want, but I have always had enough.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for my dog because if someone is at the door that we do not know them he would bark and if they try to come in and make in. My dog will bark so he can wake us up or bite the person .Pepper is a well trained dog.By.Kendra

Post a Comment