Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Red Pyramid

I recently read "The Red Pyramid," the first book in "The Kane Chronicles," Rick Riordan's new series. It is told by a brother and a sister who have spent most of their childhood living apart. They soon realize that the "blood of the pharaohs" is a very real thing. In the world created by Riordan, the Egyptian world continues on, and is the foundation for today's society. A parent disappears, prompting introductions to ancient characters and travels to otherworldly places. There are battles with evil forces and a looming deadline by which the children must complete a mission, and if they don't, well chaos will take over.  

It is VERY similar to "Percy Jackson." The thing is, I loved  "Percy Jackson." I am an absolute sucker for a story that pulls you into another world.  This book was a fun adventure, but it doesn't come near Riordan's orignal (Percy). Read it, tell me what you think, and we will have a nice book talk. The size of the book may pose a challenge, but I think most of you should be able to tackle it. If you ask nicely, I may just let you borrow my copy of the book (thanks Matthew)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice book review.


darshana

Ms. Pickert said...

Thank you Darshana! You should definitely give this book a chance!

Did you read any books over the break you would like to review?

Post a Comment