Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Guardians of Ga'Hoole

This book took me awhile to get into. I found it hard to remember that the owl was talking, feeling, and thinking. I suppose that makes me an old lady. Once I got into the mind of Soren (the main character), I was ready to go along for the ride. This is the first book in the series, so there is a lot of set up for the later books. Soren is snatched as a young owl and brought to an orphanage. But, Soren is not actually an orphan. At St. Aggies (the orphanage), they are brainwashing young owls and training them to do certain tasks, and most never learn to fly. Soren meets Gylfie and together they know they most escape, and they must learn to fly. They meet a few friends along the way and the adventure is hard to steer away from. I look forward to reading the rest of the series!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude or Dudet, I have read the entier series.Trust me, it was AWSOME!!!!

Oh, and by the way, nice book report.

Gotta scoot,BYE!
-Darshana.

Anonymous said...

I've read the book and seen the movie it was the best i have ever seen

-ADRIAN P.

Post a Comment